|Other Link||Denny Dobbs Park Photo Gallery|
- ADA Accessible
- Picnic Areas
- Splash Pad
- Walking Track
This park has a ball field, two basketball courts, and two playgrounds for two to five year olds and one playground for five to twelve year olds.
There is a LifeTrail with a series of handicapped accessible exercise stations designed to maintain and enhance flexibility, strength, and endurance for adults 50 and older. The stations are connected by a paved walkway that circles the entrance to the park.
At another end of the park is a sturdy blue electronic gaming station, called NEOS, in which teams compete in a fast paced game driven by blinking lights.
Additional amenities include a rental pavilion that houses picnic tables that can accommodate up to 175 people.
Denny Dobbs offers many state of the art features for the handicapped and specially-abled:
- All park access points have concrete walkways and are handicapped accessible
- All three playgrounds are ADA compliant and feature safe, rubber mulch flooring
- The LifeTrail exercise stations include a number of options for wheelchair users
- The NEOS gaming station was designed for wheelchair access
- The picnic pavilion area is handicapped accessible with a number of wheelchair- friendly picnic tables
The park is named after Denny Dobbs, former Georgia State Representative and lifelong resident of Newton County. Dobbs served Newton County in the Georgia legislature for eighteen years and was honored by local dignitaries at a ribbon cutting event the day before the grand opening.
- No Glass Containers
- No Alcoholic Beverages
- No Pets
- Daylight until dark