Risk Management is responsible for insuring the county’s assets and promoting safety awareness. All property, automobile, inland marine, general liability, crime, cyber liability, public official’s liability, and workers’ compensation claims are managed in this office. Risk Management works closely with the County Attorney’s office in all matters involving litigation or potential litigation that impacts entities or employees insured by Newton County. Risk Management oversees the county’s loss prevention and workplace safety program to promote the safety and well-being of county employees and the general public.
- Increase awareness of safety in all departments and to build a safer environment for its employees and citizens
- Identify, eliminate, minimize, or control the conditions and practices which cause losses
- Secure insurance coverage to assist with the financial burden of inevitable loss at a reasonable cost
- Provide excellent customer service to county departments and claimants to seek timely resolution of all reported claims
- Develop, implement and enhance programs to incorporate safety and risk management concepts into the culture of Newton County
- Reduce the frequency of claims filed by utilizing risk assessments and benchmarking data to establish measurable goals for claim reduction in county departments
- Provide effective workplace safety and accident prevention training programs