Newton County's Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP) will help guide the county's transportation needs throughout 2040. It will assess changes in transportation conditions, needs, policies and priorities since the previous plan, which was completed in 2008 and runs through 2030.
The purpose of the CTP is to identify long-range transportation strategies, projects and programs that address anticipated multimodal needs and issues throughout the county.
What will the CTP accomplish?
The outcome of the Newton County CTP will be a document detailing the following:
- Existing transportation conditions
- Assessment of transportation needs
- Recommended transportation projects, cost estimates and funding sources
- Implementation schedule through 2040
- A fiscally-constrained action plan for implementation throughout the first five years after the adoption of the CTP