B.C. Crowell Scholarship Application.pdf
The purpose of this scholarship is to financially support students pursuing an undergraduate degree at an accredited college or technical school. Two awards for a $1,000 will be made annually. Awards can cover fall, spring or summer semester expenses. This Scholarship will not fund a course of study pursued through an exclusively on-line degree program.
- Graduating senior from high school(s) in the Newton County School System, Covington, Georgia
- Good academic standing
- Accepted enrollment in an accredited college, university or technical school
- Demonstrated financial need
- Potential to succeed
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate financial need and are not receiving other scholarships (exception: Georgia’s HOPE Scholarship).
- Academic achievement and participation in extra-curricular activities, including community service will also be considered
- Additional consideration will be given to students pursuing a course of study in the fields of education, recreation or health service
Application Deadline: February 1, of the year of graduation.
Please contact your school counselor to obtain an application. All applications should be complete and include the following:
- Resume (future goals, academic/athletic/club/community service)
- Essay (affect of scholarship on future plans)
- College Acceptance Letter OR Letter from Counselor
- High School Transcript
- Letters of Recommendation (3)