Planning & Development
The Department of Development services has changed the way development projects are being processed. Applicants are advised to ensure that all documents are provided to the Department at the time plans / plats are submitted. Failure to submit all documentation will result in project reviews being delayed.
The following is the process in which a development project is processed:
- A completed site plan, application, and all application fees shall be filed and submitted to the Department of Development Services. The Applicant shall submit:
- Three hard copies of the site plan / plat. (If your development requires left turn lanes or decel lanes please submit one additional hard copy of plans)
- One electronic copy saved as a PDF. Applicant may submit on disk or email the Department of Development to clearly labeled with the name of the project in the subject line.
- Completed application packet
- Any applicable fees
Projects will not be reviewed unless all of the above have been submitted to the Department.
- A meeting with the Applicant / Owner and Engineer will be scheduled with the Development Review Committee (DRC) on the first available Wednesday after plans / plats have been submitted. If plans / plats were submitted on a Monday or Tuesday, the plan review meeting will be scheduled for the following Wednesday.
- The Applicant will be in attendance to answer any comments, questions or concerns that they can during the Plan Review.
- If plan revisions are required, or the Applicant could not answer all of the questions discussed at the Plan Review, the Applicant has sixty days to answer and/or make any changes to the plans and resubmit, or the application is considered null and void, and reapplication and new application fees are required to proceed with the project.
Please contact the County Planner with any questions at 678-625-1231.